- 1 stick of good butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (you can use coconut extract for diff. flavor)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Madeleine pan
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Use a little of the melted butter to grease the madeleine molds.
- Let the butter cool. Mix together eggs and sugar.
- Add lemon zest and vanilla. Slowly add flour. Pour in melted butter and mix gently.
- Spoon 1 tlb. of batter into each mold.
- Place pan in a 375-degree oven and cook for 12-16 minutes.
- Cool, remove from molds, dust with sugar and serve.