Butternut Squash Soup
- 48 oz. butternut squash cleaned and cut (about 6 cups)
- 32 fl. oz chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped celery stalk
- 1 chopped small sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil and butter to a large pot, melt the butter.
- Add onion, celery, carrot, sweet potato, and squash.
- Season vegetables with nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Cook 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Pour in enough of the chicken stock to almost cover vegetables. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 40-45 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender. (Add water if needed).
- Using a hand blender, blend the vegetables until the soup is smooth, or transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with roasted pumpkin seeds and a dollop of mascarpone cheese.