A salad to "Fall" in love with
I found this recipe in Saveur Magazine back in November 2015. I have been making it ever since. I did tweak the recipe a bit switching out the cashews for pumpkin seeds and altered the dressing to my liking. I also make a smaller batch at a time. You can find the original recipe here.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut crosswise into about 6 slices
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. thyme leaves
- 1 big bunch collard greens stems removed, leaves shredded
- about 2 tbsp. goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. roasted, pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh orange juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 400°.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the sweet potato slices with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Roast the sweet potatoes, flipping once halfway through cooking, until golden brown, about 25-35 minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a rack and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the lime juice and orange juice add remaining tbsp of olive oil whisk until emulsified and then season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Place the collard greens in a large bowl and toss with the dressing, adding one tablespoon at a time, you don't want to drench the greens. Massage dressing into the greens for about 3-minutes.
- Transfer the greens to a serving platter, top with the sweet potatoes, and sprinkle with the goat cheese and pumpkin seeds.